Fees, Services & Rates
Cullman EC Rates - April 2019 (pdf)
Cullman EC Outdoor Lighting Rate Schedule - April 2019 (pdf)
Cullman Electric Cooperative’s rate structure is dictated by Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) policy, and currently includes several different parts that fluctuate, some on a quarterly basis and others on a month-to-month basis. The current rate scheduled can be downloaded at the links above.
- Membership: $5.00
- Residential*: $0.00/$350.00
- Non-Residential/Commercial*: A deposit or suitable guarantee equal to two (2) times the individual estimated usage will be required of any commercial account holder before electric service is supplied. A suitable guarantee includes any of the following or combination of:
- Surety bond
- Irrevocable letter of credit from a financial institution
- Certificate of deposit made payable to Cullman EC and account name.
- If qualified, consumer may provide up to one-half (1/2) of the required deposit amount in the form of accounts receivable insurance, and pay the Cooperative the premium for said insurance.
In addition to a security deposit a non-residential account may be required to have the account-holder sign a personal guaranty. The estimated monthly bill will be determined by:
- Previous actual usage at the location
- Load data provided by the member
- Usage of load information of comparable business
A non-residential member with an anticipated usage of less than 500 kWh (such as electric fences, tractor sheds, water pumps, grain bins, barns, hay barns, etc.) with a previous 12-month approved pay history with Cullman Electric Cooperatiave may be exempt from a deposit for the low usage service.
*Either party may review deposits upon request after 12 months of service and thereafter on an annual basis for the purpose of adjusting the deposit amount accordingly.
- Origination Fee (connect/transfer): $30.00
- Origination Fee using last read date: $20.00
- Guarantee Same Day $75.00 plus $30 Origination Fee. Requests must be received by noon.
- Service Tap-up: $40.00 (This includes any service requiring a service truck such as connect for mobile home, new house, barn, chicken house and temporary board.) Temporary to permanent service fee included. Includes up to two trips; all additional trips will be $40.00 each.
- Aid-to-Construction Charges: As described in the cooperative’s LineExtensionPolicy.
- Engineering Estimate Charges: $50.00 Minimum
- Prepay Metering Fees: $25.00 setup/$8.00 monthly service
- Tampering/Theft of Service: $250.00 first time / $500.00 second time and thereafter
- Site-visit Meter Reading Fee: $37.50 per month
- Security Light (existing pole)
- Installation Fee (Owner Occupied): $30.00
- Installation Fee (Rental Property): $150.00
- Relocation Fee: $30.00
- Re-connection/Cut-off for Non-Payment
- Delinquent Service Fee: $30.00
- Reconnection Fee during regular hours (Mon-Fri 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM): $30.00
- Reconnection Fee AFTER HOURS (Mon-Fri 3:30 PM to 7:00 PM): $60.00
- Service truck regular hours: $40.00
- Service truck AFTER HOURS: $80.00
- Medical Waiver Form for Postponement of Electrical Service Disconnection
- Late Fee/Penalty: 5% of balance
- Return Check Charge: Applicable State Law
- Meter Test Fee: $25.00
- Meter Replacement Fee: Actual cost of meter plus half (1/2) hour labor cost, but a minimum of $175.00
- Aid-to-Construction: As described in the cooperative’s LineExtensionPolicy.
- Solar Generation Application Fee – $500.00
- Solar Generation Monthly Administrative Fee (For Systems Not On TVA Green Power Switch Program) – $44.44